There are a lot of things to consider after you’ve decided to remodel your bathroom. Do you want it to be flashy? Soothing? Relaxing? Functional? Do you want to emphasize a more modern feel? Or maybe you want it to be your perfect Zen oasis.
Whatever you decide you want to highlight with the design of your new bathroom, here are some must-haves for any bathroom remodeling project.
- What is the one thing everyone hates about going to the bathroom in the winter? If you have tile floors in your bathroom your answer was probably walking on that cold floor with your bare feet. You can solve this problem by installing heated floors in your bathroom. These floors can be set as high as 100oF so you’ll never have to tip-toe across your bathroom floor again.
- We all get out of a nice hot shower and have to wipe off the condensation on the mirror in order to see. This is no longer an issue with fog-less mirrors. You can even get fog-less mirrors to put in your shower so you can shave in the shower.
- Avoid the morning tango around the single sink in your master bathroom and install his and hers sinks. This allows everyone to have their own space for their own stuff and will eliminate the fights over cleaning up her make-up or cleaning up his beard trimmings. This way both of you can have all your necessities out where you need them and not have to worry about keeping it a certain way for someone else. His and her towel racks can also be a good way to keep your things separated.
- We all love to sing in the shower right? Well what better way to enhance your shower singing experience than to put a waterproof radio in shower so you can sing along to your favorite tunes. This makes the showering experience that much more fun and it can also help drown out your out of tune voice if you’re as bad of a singer as I am.
- One way to organize your shower and increase your efficiency in the shower is to mount shampoo and soap dispensers on your shower walls. This gets all your shampoo and soap bottles off the edge of the tub. It also makes showering quicker because instead of having to pick up the bottle every time you need some soap you can just give the soap dispenser a couple clicks and you’re good to go.
- If you have some extra space when remodeling your bathroom it’s always nice to use some of this to increase the amount of cabinet space. Cabinets provide storage for all the bathroom stuff that we don’t use on a daily basis and hide some of the stuff we don’t want out in the open. The material and design you choose for your cabinets can have a big effect on the overall look of your bathroom so choose something that fits the theme you’re trying to achieve.
- One thing a lot of people neglect to think about when designing a new bathroom is artwork. A few simple pieces of artwork can make all the difference when it comes to the appearance of your bathroom. This could be a picture, painting, mini sculpture, an artsy vase for fresh flowers, or any other number of things.
- A walk-in closet is an absolute must have if you have the space to do it in your bathroom remodeling project. This provides plenty of space for his and her clothes as well as plenty of space to stand around trying to decide what to wear. Having all your options in front of you in one area makes it easier to match things together and decide what you want to wear. This can also provide an extra changing area so one person can use the bathroom while the other is getting dressed.
- One of the best things you can do with some extra space in a bathroom remodel is to make a separate space for the toilet. This just adds another level of privacy to your bathroom experience. It also allows one person to use the rest of the bathroom while someone else is using the toilet (you would have to be pretty comfortable with the other person to do this, but still an option).
Of course you don’t have to incorporate all of these things when doing your bathroom remodel, but in my opinion they are some must haves for the ultimate bathroom experience.